HEART ATTACK (Part 1) - MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION - CAUSES & RISK FACTORS
Rosalyn Carson-DeWitt, MD wrote a very informative article on one of the major causes of death in our society today – heart disease.
This is imperative information that could help you, or a family member, so please take the time to read it. It has been partitioned into 5 parts for your reading convenience. Here is what she said in her article.
Part 1 - Causes and Risk Factors
A heart attack occurs when blood flow to the heart muscle is interrupted. This deprives the heart muscle of oxygen, causing tissue damage or tissue death.
A heart attack may be caused by:
* Thickening of the walls of the arteries feeding the heart muscle (coronary arteries)
* Accumulation of fatty plaques in the coronary arteries
* Narrowing of the coronary arteries
* Spasm of the coronary arteries
* Development of a blood clot in the coronary arteries
A risk factor is something that increases your chance of getting a disease or condition.
* Sex: male
* Increased age
* High blood pressure
* Sedentary lifestyle
* High blood cholesterol (specifically, high LDL cholesterol, and low HDL cholesterol)
* High blood triglycerides
* Family members with heart disease
The other 4 parts of this article can be read at:
Heart Attack (Part 2) - Symptoms
Heart Attack (Part 3) - Diagnosis & Tests
Heart Attack (Part 4) - Treatment & Surgery
Heart Attack (Part 5) - Preventive Measures
You can get more information on heart disease
at YoungAgainForever are committed to natural and holistic
of creating good health and well-being.
For information on the newest findings
lifetime fitness, good health
and wellness, visit our SITEMAP
to 'To Your
Health, Letter', our Free bi-monthly newsletter
filled with the
newest tips and strategies to maintain physical and
mental health and well-being.